WELCOME

Welcome to my blog. Please feel free to roam around and learn a bit more about Portuguese History. To find your interests, please, have a look at the right side of the page, where you can find all the posts arrenged into labels, such as "Society", "Politics", etc. Enjoy!

Monday, May 12, 2014

As it could have been

It seems that yet another month where I just publish links to sites, instead of publishing my personal in depth research. Although finding links is sort of a research itself, I wish people would stop posting or sending me interesting things online. Only joking!
So, here's a video from the beginning of the century, the 20th century, not the 19th. Besides some clothing differences and a few other things, this is what the French and then Wellington could (would) have encountered when staying in Porto during the 2nd French Invasion. I would say a 75% proximity. Enjoy!
PS: And please, take notice that the garments that the ladies wear are their Sunday best and from the Romantic period on.

 

No comments: